As Empower Conference 2019 is quickly approaching, I wanted share with you 10 reasons why you should be a part of this great two-day event at the Irving Convention Center on Feb. 25–26.
1. 18 million lost people. This is how many people live in Texas who do not know Jesus as Lord and Savior. It is imperative that we return to what is closest to the heart of God—him being glorified, lost people being found and disciples being made.
2. Only evangelism conference in Texas. There are a lot of great conferences out there, but what sets Empower apart from the others is that it is a true evangelism conference. I’ve asked every speaker and breakout leader to speak on something under the umbrella of evangelism and making disciples. In 2018, over 2,800 people were a part of it. We cannot wait to see what the Lord does in 2019!
3. It is for everyone. A common misconception is that this conference is preachers preaching to preachers. However, this year’s conference is for everyone. It will be a time to refresh for pastors, staff, volunteer leaders and frankly everyone in the church. I am confident that you will be challenged, inspired and encouraged.
4. Opportunity to network. This is the conference that provides you an opportunity to network with a convention, other ministries, churches and people who are passionate about the gospel going forth so people can know Jesus.
5. Two days of breakouts. This year, for the first time we will have breakouts on both Monday and Tuesday afternoons led by experts in their particular areas of ministry—over 25 to choose from. Without a doubt, you’ll grab on to some things that you can take back with you to your mission field.
6. A diverse lineup. Personally, I am so proud of the intentionality that we have put into the Empower Conference to be incredibly diverse in race, age and gender. We’ll have speakers, worship leaders and breakout teachers who will identify with each of us.
7. A powerful Monday night. We’re looking to fill-up the Irving Convention Center once again on Monday night! In addition to having Jimmy McNeal and Austin Stone Worship lead worship, Trip Lee, Lee Strobel and D. A. Horton will be speaking, followed by another session with Trip Lee on reaching the next generation with the gospel.
8. A Classic Luncheon and session to remember. The Classic Luncheon kicks-off Empower at 11:00 am on Monday, featuring nationally known Christian author, encourager and comedian Charles Lowery. After the luncheon will be a Classic session from 1 pm–4:30 am, featuring the nationally known southern-gospel group, The Hoppers, and speakers—Junior Hill, T. C. Melton and Ronnie Floyd.
9. A historic Tuesday to remember. Tuesday is a full-day of great changes and some of the best evangelistic speakers in the country. We’ll start out the morning with Nathan Lorick, Gregg Matte and Noe Garcia. Tuesday afternoon is for practical breakouts. Then, we’ll end the conference earlier this year with preaching from New York Times bestselling author and pastor of Brooklyn Tabernacle, Jim Cymbala preaching. (Be sure to check out sbtexas.com/empower to see the full list of personalities and the schedule of events.)
10. Free gift bag. Registration is open now. In 2018, we had record attendance. We want to guarantee your spot at the conference, and provide a FREE gift bag of resources to every attendee, and registration will help us do just that. So, go register now at sbtexas.com/empower.
Can’t wait to see you there. Please, join me in praying now for an evangelism movement that will spark at the Empower Conference and spread across the world for the glory of God. We can’t stop until everyone knows the name of Jesus.